“LIFE IS GOOD, BUT WINE IS BETTER.”
Lose your breath in this beautiful region (Unesco World Heritage) where by force of arms, man has taken the most precious wine of the world from the shale mountains, as if it was a staircase of giants.
Learn about the production and history of Port wine with the local guide and the winemakers, at this awarded vineyard in the valley. It is situated on the south bank of the river Douro, along more than 45 hectares of vineyard. It produces grapes of the richest varieties, whose winemaking is made in granite wineries, where they are traditionally trodden, in order to extract its best components. The aging of their wines is made in oak casks, and then they are selected to find the perfect batches.
What to expect:
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Full day trip to Douro valley (~2h)
- Visit to an award winning wine vineyard
- wine tasting (Port, or wine)
- local lunch (Portuguese food) at the vineyard with locals
- Boat cruise at Pinhão (~1h)
- City of Amarante stop, sightseeing and late lunch
Tours provided in English or Portuguese
Tour duration: ~8h (entire day)
Reservation/ Cancelation policy:
Reservations are mandatory and require email request or confirmation within 48 hours or more before the date of service.
Cancellations within 48 hours will be fully refunded.
Value 169€ p/p